Welcome to Cumberland House Practice
Cumberland House Surgery has been providing medical services for over 100 years to the people of the Macclesfield area.
We provide services to the whole of Macclesfield town and surrounding areas within a 5 mile radius of the surgery.
Cumberland House is a training practice. Doctors completing their training as a GP spend a year in the practice as a GP Registrar.
You can expect from us:-
- Courtesy, respect, privacy and confidentiality.
- Quality of medical care, health checks promoting healthy lifestyles and offering preventative advice.
- Explanation and information about your illness, treatment and our services.
- Referral to a specialist for a second opinion when appropriate.
- Surgery appointments to be available within 48 hours.
- Not to have to wait too long on arrival. We shall do our best to see you on time and would not expect you to have to wait over 45 minutes.
- Prompt investigation of any complaints about the service. We try our best - sometimes things go wrong. We shall respond to complaints following the NHS complaints procedure.
- Access to your medical records subject to the legal requirements.
- Courtesy to the staff at all times - remember they are working under the 'doctors' instructions'.
- To attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice that they wish to cancel. Someone else could use your appointment!
- An appointment is for one person only - where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment must be made.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate.
- Please be punctual, but be prepared to wait if your consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency.
- Patients should make every effort when consulting the surgery to make best use of nursing and medical time - home visits should be medically justifiable and not requested for social convenience.
- When patients are asked to give 48 hours notice for repeat prescriptions, please give us this time as it is to allow for accurate prescribing. Please attend for a review, when asked, before your next prescription is due.
- Out-of-hours calls (eg evenings, nights and weekends) should only be requested if they are felt to be truly necessary.
With patient’s needs at the heart of everything we do, our website has been designed to make it easy for you to gain instant access to the information you need. As well as specific practice details such as opening hours and how to register, you’ll find a wealth of useful pages covering a wide range of health issues along with links to other relevant medical organisations.
Please see our Patient's Charter leaflet.
Get Well, Keep Well
Of course we’re not just here for when you are unwell. Our team of healthcare professionals and back-up staff offer a number of clinics and services to promote good health and wellbeing whatever your medical condition.
We hope you enjoy having a look around the site and familiarising yourself with some of the online features such as ordering a repeat prescription. Whatever your thoughts, be sure to let us know via our feedback function. Comments and suggestions are always a great way of helping us continue to enhance the way we look after you.
All surgeries at Waters Green are located on the second floor and there are three lifts available. There are also toilet facilities with a wide-access door available for patients in wheelchairs. There is a new multi-storey car park attached to the medical centre with 134 parking spaces available for patients - 10 of which are marked for disabled patients. The car park is located on Boden Street (postcode SK11 6LL)
(Site updated 18/05/2018)